Experience Focussed Counselling (efc)
Efc is a psychosocial counselling approach developed by Professor Dr Marius Romme and Dr Sandra Escher at the University of Maastricht, Netherlands, which was first published in English in 2000. The psychiatrist Romme and his colleague Escher developed their counselling approach on the basis of many years of therapeutic and counselling practice, as well as scientific studies with voice hearers.
Internal training, supervision & counselling
The efc Institute offers individualised training and supervision in Experience Focussed Counselling with voice hearers. The efc Institute is an authorised partner of Professor Romme and Dr. Escher for the three-level training in efc counselling.
References of the efc Institute
- Psychiatric rehabilitation centre, Kropp, 2011 to 2019
- University based psychiatric services (UPD), Berne (CH), 2012 to 2019
- Psychiatric services Aargau, Brugg (CH), 2016 - 2018
- GSG - psychosocial support in Graz (A), 2014 - 2016
- Reading University (GB), 2015 - 2016
- Pfalzklinikum for psychiatry and neurology, Kaiserslautern, 2013 to 2014
- Exit-Sozial - psychosocial support in Linz (A), 2009–2018
"Live your life and not the life of the voices.“ (Ron Coleman, 1999)